By Rhonda Davidson, Transitional Coordinator, WCC
Once again, the holidays for our clients and children at the Women and Children’s Campus (WCC), Harris Spring Ranch (HSR), the Community Involvement Center (CIC), the Las Vegas Community Triage Center (CTC), and the 4th St. Campus were filled with joy and warmth thanks to our loyal and generous donors that bring the magic of Santa Claus to the little ones and an abundance of Christmas cheer to those that we serve.
We began this holiday season with cookies, cocoa, and candy canes. The festive decor included gingerbread houses made by the ladies at the WCC. This year’s donors provided gift cards to each client, giving them the opportunity to buy gifts for their loved ones. The Angel Tree Team made the Christmas wishes of the clients’ children come true, bringing a message of faith and forgiveness that touched the hearts and souls of many. Mr. Bob Vickery provided entertainment with a Christmas carol sing-along while clients wrapped the gifts that they purchased. Marcie Davis from Davis House hosted a cookie decorating class, creating delicious treats for everyone to enjoy.
Thank you to our kind donors that provided the following:
- The Wyndham Group – Toys and an assortment of hygiene products
- Our anonymous donor who sent Amazon gift cards to purchase gifts
- Caltrol – an assortment of toys
- HELP of Southern Nevada – Bikes and toys
- U.S. Marines Toys for Tots Las Vegas – Toys
- The Las Vegas chapter of the Raider Nation Wrecking Crew – Toys and games
- St. Joseph, Husband of Mary Roman Catholic Church – Baby supplies, toys, hygiene products
- Torrey Pines Pub – Food, treats, cleaning supplies, hygiene items, and $1,800 to assist clients with obtaining vital documents
- CB Dreamers – Toys, blankets, assorted gifts for men and women
- Las Vegas Community Coalition – Hygiene products, socks, and undergarments
- UNSHAKEABLE – Christmas cookies
- The Trevino Family and Fresh Wind Ministries – Shoes for children and warm clothing for the women and men
- Sun City Anthem Sewing and Quilting Club – Handmade quilts suitable for framing
- Hila Asterino and Carole Zeller – Hand crocheted and knitted afghan blankets and stocking hats
- Armando and the Angel Tree Team – Fulfilling the children’s Christmas wish lists
- The Crossing Church – Handmade tote bags filled with hygiene kits
The smiles on our clients’ faces, the joyful sounds of children’s glee, and the gratitude that filled all of our hearts made this a most wonderful time at WestCare Nevada this year!